Hey guys! Here is the recipe to my favourite prawn dish 😀
It is super easy to prepare and tastes amazing. I hope you will give this dish a try. Let me know what you think in the comments below!
What you will need –
- 1 kg Fresh and cleaned prawns
- 2 Big onions
- 1 Big garlic bulb
- A handful of curry leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 cloves
- A 1 inch cinnamon stick piece
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- A pan and a large spoon/ladle
How to prepare –
- First you need to prepare the ingredients. Make sure the prawns are clean. The head, legs and the shell must be removed. Next you need to devein the prawns. Cut the back and the belly to get rid of the black/brown line. Add a good amount of turmeric and salt to the prawns. Wash thoroughly and add more salt.
- Chop the onions and peel the garlic cloves. Grind the garlic cloves, cinnamon stick, curry leaves and the cloves in a blender.
You can now start cooking
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. When the oil is hot add the chopped onions and the ground ingredients from the blender. Stir till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt to the pan. Stir well for 2 minutes.
- You now add the prawns and stir well so that all the prawn pieces are coated well with the masala.
- Do not add water. The prawns will secrete all the water in them. When there is a lot of water in the dish put the lid on the pan and cook until all the water evaporates.
- Your prawn fry is now ready! Garnish with some coriander and server with rice, curry, rasam and curd.
Hope you enjoyed my nani’s recipe! Let me know how your dish turns out 😀