Hey there! 😀
Recently, I tried this chocolate biscuit recipe I found online and it turned out to be a huge success. I’m new to baking so I only look for recipes that are super easy and quick. I came across this one on the Kidspot website. I’ll leave the link down below so you can take a look. Here is my version of this recipe. I tweaked it a little bit so I hope you’ll enjoy both versions! 😀
What you will need –
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
How to prepare –
- Preheat the oven to 180 Degree celsius/ 356 Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl.
- Add vegetable oil to the eggs and whisk.
- Now add the brown sugar and vanilla essence.
Note – I added the baking powder, flour and cocoa powder to the same bowl as the wet ingredients. I really didn’t want to make a mess with too many utensils to wash haha! 😀
- Add baking powder.
- Add the flour and stir slowly. This will prevent a poof of flour!
- The last and main ingredient – cocoa powder. Add this to the bowl and whisk well
Note – I was trying to stir this thoroughly but it just wouldn’t mix well. So I brought my hand blender out and that solved my problem 😀
- Use the dough hooks for this batter. I would suggest you use the 2nd speed mode. The batter should transition from the picture on left to the picture on the right.
The final result should look like this –
- I added some leftover chocolate fudge to this dough. But you can add whatever you’d like. Chocolate chips to nuts to dried fruits. The result will be good!
- Now all you need to do is take a spoon, scoop up some of this dough, roll it into small balls and place it on your baking tray. Like this –
- Bake this for 12-15 minutes at 180 degrees celsius. Once these are baked let them cool for about 5 minutes before you start devouring these biscuits! 😀
That’s all for this recipe! So simple to make and just like me, you can also make the dough in 1 bowl. It took me 15 minutes to make the dough. This recipe makes 20-24 biscuits, this will vary depending on the size of your biscuits. I had a lot of fun making this. My parents and my twin sisters loved these biscuits! This is a great treat for you family on any day! 😀
Here is the link to recipe I tried baking – http://www.kidspot.com.au/kitchen/recipes/chocolate-biscuits-1263
Hope you enjoyed this recipe 😀
See you in my next post ~